The Premier’s Sustainability Awards 2014
Entries are now open for the Premier’s Sustainability Awards 2014
The 2013 awards showcased the widest range of sustainability projects we’ve seen. Now in their twelfth year, we are expecting more terrific examples of innovation and leadership in Victorian sustainability during 2014.
The 9 categories in this year’s awards program are:
- Cleaner Yarra and Bay – Leadership, commitment and excellence by an individual, community group, business, organisation, or government to protect and/or enhance the health of the Yarra River, Port Phillip Bay and/or its waterways.
- Community - Leadership, commitment and excellence in delivery of sustainable projects or programs which have demonstrated widespread benefits for Victorian communities.
- Education - Development and delivery of educational programs and institutional practices that address and contribute to a more sustainable Victoria for current and future generations.
- Environmental Protection - Leadership, commitment and excellence by a business in the protection of the environment.
- Infrastructure and Buildings - Excellence in contribution to innovative design, construction/delivery and/or operation of sustainable infrastructure and buildings; whether it is a new structure or re-imagining of existing form.
- Innovative Products or Services - Outstanding innovation in products and/or services that reduce environmental impact from a lifecycle perspective.
- Large Business - Outstanding achievements by a large business in adopting and implementing sustainability principles.
- Small and Medium Enterprises (SME) - Outstanding achievements in small-medium business for their adoption of sustainable measures and minimising their environmental footprint.
- Tourism - Excellence in sustainable tourism which contributes to the understanding, appreciation, and conservation of Victoria’s natural landscapes, ecology and local cultural heritage and/or provides tourism services through sustainable and efficient practices.
In addition to these awards, the Premier will personally select two overall winners: the Premier’s Regional Recognition Award and the Premier’s Recognition Award.
For further information on award categories, entry and judging process, email here.
Entry Information Sessions
Entrant information sessions will be held on Friday 21 March and Wednesday 9 April. To attend register here.
To enter, simply download an Entry Kit and you’re on your way!
2014 Key Dates
|Entries Open||Monday 3 March|
|Entries Close||Monday 2 June|
|Finalists Announced||Early September|
|Awards Dinner||Thursday 2 October|
Register to receive updates
To receive email updates about the Premier’s Sustainability Awards and the upcoming information sessions, please sign up below: