Demonstrated leadership to ensure the fair treatment of disadvantaged members of the community through their active participation in environmental justice initiatives.
- Projects, programs, individuals or groups that engage in environmental justice activities.
For this category, environmental justice is defined as ensuring:
- environmental benefits and harms are distributed fairly
- affected communities are able to participate in the decision-making process.
Eligible entries include initiatives that could have been undertaken by:
- Community groups
- Entry needs to comply with the eligibility requirements for the selected category, as per above
- The majority of demonstrable results must have occurred during the calendar year of 2017
- If started prior to 2017, major new initiatives or significant differences must have occurred during 2017
- The demonstrable activities and results associated with the entry must be within Victoria.