Leadership and excellence by an organisation, community group or individual to proactively prevent harm to Victoria’s environment and people from pollution or waste.
- Projects that have contributed to the prevention of harm to the environment and human health in Victoria from pollution or waste. Outcomes can include initiatives that prevent harm through:
- specially developed technology and/or equipment
- changes in practices and processes
- education programs, resources or activities that have informed the community and/or businesses and helped people be active participants in protecting their environments.
Eligible entries include projects and initiatives that have been undertaken by:
- Large business
- Small to medium enterprises (SMEs)
- Community groups
These projects and initiatives may have been undertaken by businesses that the Environment Protection Authority Victoria (EPA) regulates.
- Entry needs to comply with the eligibility requirements for the selected category, as per above
- The majority of demonstrable results must have occurred during the calendar year of 2017
- If started prior to 2017, major new initiatives or significant differences must have occurred during 2017
- The demonstrable activities and results associated with the entry must be within Victoria.